Welcome

Friday, February 5, 2010

Welcome, my reading audience, to my blog. My name is Kevin, and I began my journey to be a high school educator four years ago when I left my high school to go to college. I have an associates degree in liberal arts in general studies from a community college, and this is my first semester at this new college. Among the many college classes I have taken at the community college, most were literature classes, including Introduction to Literature, World Literature, British Literature, American Literature, Modern Literature, Childern's Literature, Film as Literature, Introduction to Poetry, and Read in Short Stories. Needless to say, I have exhausted the great deal of English classes that I can take at a two year college and now I have moved on to another great institution of learning. I am well read in many greater writers and authors, my favorites include F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, Virgina Woolf, T.S. Eliot, Philip Larken, Margaret Atwood, and many, many others. I missed the deadline for the technology competency exam by one day and I have already taken a computer class at my other college, so I'm going to have to email my adviser here and see what I can do for that requirement that doesn't involve me waiting another semester to enter the education program. I've been in college for three years now, and while I have grown into a well spoken, scholarly student, at some point the student needs to leave the master and become the master himself.

0 comments: